Last update: December 2018
Our Privacy Officer can be reached at email@example.com.
2. Personal information we collect
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, update or add information to your account, or when you otherwise correspond with us. We may also collect personal information from other sources, as described below.
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as order history, status (active, paused, stopped), referrals or acquisition channel).
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction.
- Shipping information, such as name and address, delivery information.
- In some instances, when you use our Services, you may provide age, gender, interests, gift card personal message, and favorites.
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, chats, dispute resolution or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services.
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history and your web log information.
Personal information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
- For more information about our use of these technologies, and how to control them, see Cookies and Similar Technologies.
Personal information collected from other sources
- We supplement the personal information we collect directly with information collected from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, we collect and use demographic and other information that is publicly available,
- If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with that person’s authorisation. You should inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal information according to our privacy notice.
3. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes and according to different legal bases of processing. The following is a summary of how and according to which legal bases we use your personal information.
We use your personal information to fulfil a contract with you and provide you with our Services, to comply with our legal obligation, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good. This includes:
- the delivery of the flowers and/or vases ordered by you. In order to ensure the smooth delivery and delivery of your order, we pass on your personal data, such as your address and telephone number, to the transport service providers cooperating with us.
- To provide payment processing and account management, operate, measure and improve our Services and to keep our Services safe, secure and operational.
- To contact you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
- When contacting you for such purposes as outlined above, we may contact you via email and SMS/text messages.
- When contacting you via telephone, to ensure efficiency, we may use autodialed or pre-recorded calls and text messages as described in our Terms and Conditions. Message and data rates may apply.
- To provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions, this privacy notice, or other policies.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. This includes to:
- Improve our Services, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience.
- Personalise, measure and improve our advertising based on your advertising customisation preferences.
- We use general location information to provide you with location based services (such as advertising, search results and other personalised content).
- Use certain limited personal information about you, such as your email address, to hash it and to share it with social media platforms, such as Facebook, to generate leads, drive traffic to our websites or otherwise promote our products and services. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be if your interest. The social media platforms with which we may share your personal data are not controlled or supervised by Bloomon. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal data should be directed to such provider. Please note that you may, at any time ask Bloomon to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact you via email, SMS or WhatsApp/FB Messenger in order to offer you discounts and special promotions, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our Services.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns (e.g. by analysing open and click rates).
- Monitor and improve the information security of our site and mobile applications.
With your consent, we may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with marketing via email, SMS/text.
- Provide you with marketing from other Bloomon International BV corporate family members.
- Provide you with marketing from third parties.
- Customise third party advertising you might see on third party websites.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We may use technologies considered automated decision making or profiling. We will not make automated-decisions about you that would significantly affect you, unless such a decision is necessary as part of a contract we have with you, we have your consent, or we are required by law to use such technology. In case we do so, we will provide you with information about the logic involved as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences.
4. Your choices about how we use your personal information
You can control your email communication preferences by contacting us (see Contact Us below) or via email@example.com.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe via the link in an email you received, indicate your communication preferences using the method described within the direct communication from us or contact us as described in the Contact Us section below. Keep in mind, we do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalisation programs, you can opt-out through the programs described in our User Cookie Notice. The effect of an opt-out will be to stop personalised advertising, but it will still allow the collection of personal information as otherwise described in this privacy notice. We do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes, without your consent.
Staying Signed in
When you sign in to your account on our Services, we give you the option to stay signed in to your account for a certain amount of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorisation. The specific actions and account activities that you or any other user of this computer/browser may take include:
- Viewing the information in your bloomon account
- Placing orders
- Cancelling orders
If you attempt to change your password, you may be required to enter your password.
You can typically end your signed in session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed in session. If you are using a public or shared computer, you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services to protect your account and your personal information.
5. Your Rights
You may exercise any of the rights described in this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
Managing Your Information.
You may access and update some of your information through your Bloomon Account. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
Right of access
You can obtain information from us about which personal data we process in which manner.
Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information.
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Bloomon Account).
Data Access and Portability.
You have the right to request copies of your personal information held by us. You also have the right to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
Data Retention and Erasure.
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide the Services to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your Bloomon Account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Because we maintain the Bloomon Platform to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing.
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Bloomon you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us or by sending a communication to email@example.com specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, you have the right to request us to limit the ways in which we use your personal information.
Objection to Processing.
You have the right to request us not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing we will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time ask Bloomon to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Bloomon before the Information Commissioners’ Office (“ICO”).
6. How we might share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the following purposes:
Bloomon International BV corporate family members, who may use it to:
- Provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support)
- Help detect, investigate, mitigate and prevent potentially fraudulent and illegal acts, violations of our Terms and Conditions and data security breaches
- Provide you personalised advertising
- Improve their products, sites, applications, services, tools and marketing communications.
- Members of our Bloomon International BV corporate family will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented to receive such communications from them or if otherwise permitted by the law.
Service Providers and financial institutions partners as follows:
- Third party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, assist us in providing customised advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our Terms and Conditions, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, and other business operations.
- Third party transport providers (e.g., DHL, PostNL, etc.) with whom we share delivery address, contact information and shipment tracking information for the purposes of facilitating the delivery of items purchased and other delivery related communications.
Law enforcement, legal proceedings and as authorised by law
- To comply with our legal requirements, enforce our Terms and Conditions, or protect anyone's rights, property or safety.
- To third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal basis, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Change of Ownership
If we are subject to a merger or acquisition with/by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with applicable law. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this privacy notice with respect to your personal information. If we intend to handle your personal information for any purposes not covered in this privacy notice, you will receive prior notification of the processing of your personal information for the new purposes.
7. How long we keep your personal information
Our specific retention times for personal information are documented in our records retention schedules. How long we retain personal information can vary significantly based on context of the Services we provide and on our legal obligations. The following factors typically influence retention periods:
- How long is the personal information needed to provide our Services? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of our products, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most of our data retention periods.
- Is the personal information sensitive? If so, a shortened retention time is generally appropriate.
- Have you provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
- Are we subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain your personal information? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or personal information retained for the purposes of litigation.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
8. Operating globally
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. If you know or have reason to believe that your Bloomon Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Bloomon Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
10. Other important privacy information
Our websites are general audience websites and not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users deemed to be children under their respective national laws.
Third Party Privacy Practices
This privacy notice addresses only our use and handling of personal information we collect from you in connection with providing you our Services. If you disclose your information to a third party, or visit a third party website via a link from our Services, their privacy notices and practices will apply to any personal information you provide to them or they collect from you.
11. Contact Us
If you're looking for more help or have a question to ask, contact us under email@example.com.